English (United Kingdom)Italian - ItalyRomână (România)

"Saint Nicholas and Dionysius the Areopagite" Church, TELEŞTI, Commune TELEŞTI (County GORJ); 1747, painters: John, Iancu, Iane and Matthew

The Church was founded in 1747 by the Bălăcescu family. Initially it was built in the Teleşti Birnici village, but, over time the village moved to the west of Bistriţa, and the church remained in the meadow. The building is built of brick and has a cross, having a clubs plan, with two towers. The painting, particularly beautiful, is made in the Byzantine tradition. According to the inscriptions, the painting was done between 1749-1750 by the painters John, Iancu, Ian and Matthew.